Our Lady Immaculate, Pateley Bridge

The Roman Catholic church has had a faithful following through the ages. At the time of the reformation most of the leading families in the Dale were Roman Catholic, which helped to keep the faith alive in those troubled times. 

The building of the Catholic Church of Our Lady Immaculate, overlooking Pateley Bridge, came about with the provision of Mass for those working on the Nidderdale reservoirs. A priest would come by train from Leeds or Harrogate to Scar village. In 1923 a priest took up residence in Pateley and built this little church in 1935. 

The church still serves Catholics who live in Upper Nidderdale and the many visitors to this delightful place.

Parish Priest Fr Mike Walsh Tel. 01423 711277 or email michael.walsh@dioceseofleeds.org.uk

Services

Sunday Vigil Mass (on Saturday)                            6.30 pm

Sunday Mass                                                        11.00 am